Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Last Ride

It has been three months now since we lost Devon. I have been unable to put into words anything remotely close to how I've been feeling. This weekend, however, inspired by the Red Devon Daffodils that Julie planted in her honor and are now sprouting up on my balcony, I was inspired to try to describe (with some poetic license and a few miss-sequencing of events!) my experience during Devon's last days. I've posted this on my blog and hope it speaks somewhat for you, too. Ironically, since Devon set this blog up for me and showed me how to use it, I feel guilty for not using it lately. The muse just hasn't been speaking to me. At least I've found the words to give her a little to smile about here at the end of this most horrible of years.

http://tambourineman7.blogspot.com/

We all are seeking our own way to get our arms around the meaning of Devon's loss and move on with it, ever so slowly and carefully. one of my ways is to write about it. My next effort will be to move into a "garden," again an inspiration given to me by Julie. Two days after Devon died, Julie, Jen, Cory, Asako and I went to Descanso Gardens in Pasadena. We found freh air, sunlight, ponds, fish, many beautiful flowers and plants. Jen took a picture of a poem engraved on a bronze plaque. It has been lingering in my mind ever since Julie emailed it to me. I think I can form some feelings around this.

Meanwhile, Asako and I wish you all a Good New Year. We keep talking of all the love and support you've shown for Devon this past year and a half and are permanently grateful. Can't say it enough! Asako will be working in Tokyo January 13 through the 27th. I'll be busy with classes, keeping the house dusted, playing at golf, and growing stronger in mind, body and spirit...I hope!

Love to All,

Lou

No comments: