Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lesson 1: Doctors are Humans too.

Lesson 1: Doctors are Humans too.

This is a tough lesson to learn when you are in a life and death situation, like I am, and your very life depends on the knowledge and skills of your physician. But, it’s very true. Do your homework. Ask questions. Don’t think that anyone is fighting as hard as you. To many you are just a name or a number.

I’ve always been very careful in who I chose to associate with. I’m sure now that the relationships I have are “life-long” relationships as we have seen the worst of worst in the last 7 months and we’re still standing.

At the end of the day, you are responsible for you and you must be accountable for your own actions. That's true for everyone, even doctors and lawyers: those that we hold with the highest esteem. That is the first lesson I learned.

No comments: