Thursday, October 16, 2008

Devon: The Summit of Life

It is neither the highest nor the lowest of our successes or failures that measure our life, but rather our staying the course in loving, in caring, in sharing and in giving that defines our place in the human drama. Devon did just that. She was content in finding peace within herself, knowing The Maker was well pleased.

Throughout her life, she always sought and seized opportunities to better herself and those around her. Driven by a powerful, positive spirit, deep-seeded within her, she was able to both understand and blend logic and realization in a visionary way so few can do. The enormity of her short life, the impact she had on others, her endless well of spiritual energy—all were evangelistic-like, revealing a complete commitment to both create or take on tasks, whether personal or in her chosen field of education. Devon had a gifted-way of seeing end results, the possibilities down the road, undaunted by the obstacles in her path or other events that might undermine an outcome.

Devon was The Summit of Life. She lived as The Power Beyond asks us to live—loving each other, caring, sharing and giving. She stayed the course to her journey’s end. On bended knee, bidding Devon farewell, I pray that her spirit will remain with us, now and forever.

Jeremiah Anthony Markert
Uncle

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeremiah, Devon's uncle,
My name is Clara and I'm completely agree with all the beautiful words you wrote about Devon. She deserve all the best wonderful and beautiful adjectives. She was an unique, special, sweet, and exceptional human being. By all means, as you said "Devon was The Summit of Life." Her spirit will remain with me now and forever. I'll never forget her, never. Thank you so much for maintain her blog alive. I read her blog very often and by doing that, I feel so close to her. Devon I love you very much, my love for you is endless. Even though you aren't with us, my heart still being close to you for ever and I know you're contemplaiting us from heaven. Love,
Clara.

Anonymous said...

To all the people who love Devon, I would like to share with you this special day "Day of people who passed away." Parents, relatives and friends that love they very much." In this case to my dear and unforgettable, beautiful and special person who was Devon. I'm praying and thinking of you my sweet, loving teacher and friend Devon all the time. I know that your soul is in heaven and your spirit is with us. I love you Devon very much and I feel you very close to me. Today is your day and I'm with you. Forever love,
Clara.

Anonymous said...

Dear Devon's family,
Yesterday I went to visit Devon's grave. I was talking to her as she was with me. I felt happy being there and I know she was happy too. I'll visit her often because I know she wants my visit and I want to be there as well. I love Devon very much and she is with me all the time. Fondly,
Clara.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Devon's family.
I want to say Happy Holidays!!! to all of you. My heart always is with Devon and in this special time of the year, I'm with her hugging her as she would be with me. She was my inspiration and her spirit would be with me for ever. She is an angel and so is my angel, too. I love her very much, I'll never forget her. With love,
Clara.

Anonymous said...

Hello to all Devon's family,
I want to share Devon's blog along with her family due to her birthday. It's today January 28, 2009.
Dear Devon,
You're not dead, you are just away. I make the same wish every day. I wish you weren't so faraway!
You're there and I'm here. You know what that means? One of us is in the wrong place. I miss you so much.
Devon you will always be the shnshine of my life. I love you and miss you very very much. Happy Birthday!
Love,
Clara.

Clara said...

Hello to all Devon's family,
I'm writing this comment to let all of you know that this coming Saturday (September 19th, 2009) will be one year since our dear, beautiful, and incredible angel Devon passed away. I'll be at the cemetery that day to visit her. I love her very, very much. She still being within my heart and alway will be there. A profound salutation to all the members of Devon's family, from,
Clara.