Saturday, October 4, 2008

Michelle Syverson

What a lovely young woman.

I came across Devon's obituary last weekend, was touched by such a young woman's tragic death and decided I would check out her blog...mostly out of curiosity. Being a fellow blogger I was interested in seeing Devon's and little did I know it would be like opening a good book.

What an incredible young woman who touched more lives than we can probably count. Through her love and passion for her friends and work she has left a behind a legacy.

As I read the numerous entries I found myself laughing and crying. I also was compelled to check her blog each day to see and view more of her incredibly short but well live life. It strikes me as odd that now I feel like she is a friend, probably because she could have easily been a friend of mine.

I find it heartwarming and sad at the same time that it can take the death of someone close to us to put our lives in perspective and look closely at what we value. Often the death of someone allows us an opportunity to dig deep inside ourselves and find what it was we really loved and valued about that person. Hopefully some of us now will take the time to tell those in our lives who are living how we truly feel...instead of waiting until they are gone.

With all this said I just want to pass along my sincere condolences to all who new this young lady and to thank those who are keeping her blog alive as a tribute to her. She was blessed to have so many loving people in her life.

May God Bless You!

1 comment:

juliep said...

Michelle,
Thank you for your kind words. Devon would no doubt have welcomed you as a friend and thanked you for reaching out to her grieving friends and family. You are so right about appreciating each other while we have the chance.
Aunt Julie