Saturday, August 9, 2008

update August 2008

Hey. I started this blog in June to update everyone but I lost my camera connector so I didn't post anything. I just found it so I want to update all now.

So I turned on the TV and found Boys II Men featured on ABC and N.K.O.T.B. has been all over the radio. Not to mention that Indiana Jones is in the theatre now. I feel like I went to sleep and woke up in the 90's.

Most of you heard that I returned to work. I worked 4 days a week, from May 19 to July 25, responsible for curriculum development and a Program Orientation PowerPoint. I'm really enjoying work and am grateful that I am able to return. I will return again in September when school resumes. Thank you so much to all of my colleagues that helped me across the "pond" and up/down Mt. Everest ( the steep ramp by Portia's office) during the month of July. I wish my lack of balance was nothing but we all knew that it was symptomatic of a bigger issue which the MRI in the end of July showed.

I continued with Temodar and Zofran, 5 days a month. The second round in May wasn't so bad, and the MRI showed diminished growth in areas that showed growth in the last MRI. And the MRI in June showed growth through the Temodar so I was recommended to do IV treatments of Carbo-Platinum and Avastin. I did that and after one month the MRI showed continued growth,sigh:-(, so I now will start with CPT 11 (Chemo) and Avastin, an IV treatment that I will do twice a month. Basically nothing is working and this is the last treatment that they have for me. Next would be a Clinical Trial if there are any that pertain to me. My friend Steph calls my tumor D2, as it has proved to be as stubborn as me. So this has to work since all other treatments have failed. Let's will this one to be the magical combination that cures me, shall we?



On a very positive note I went to San Diego with Alli and Stephanie and we heard the sounds of Pat Benetar from our patio. Alli's mom, Pam, who is like a second mom to me cooked some yummy food for us to snack on in San Diego. So we indulged on her home cooked food. So good! Alli also had over 5000 songs in her iPod so we very much enjoyed listening to that on the way to SD.

On a very negative note my landlord is selling our place. :-( It's a duplex, zoned for four, with three garages, currently hosting two one bedroom apartments. Going for 560-569,000, not sure of the price. It seems good to me.

On another positive note, Tonya came to visit and we had dinner with my Aunt Nonie and Uncle Don. We had a fun time chatting at the restaurant Casa Pulida in the Redondo Beach Riviera. Tonya took me to get blood work drawn and the results showed that my platelets were too low therefore postponing chemo at least a week depending on the results of my next blood work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Devon, I read all the things you were doing since your last comments. I'm glad to hear that you and your husband were celebrating yours fifth wedding anniversary by going to an Italian place. It's a pleasure to see your blog written by you again. I feel very close to you when I read and see your blog. I'm happy you're working again. Now you're on vacation, so enjoy all the things you like and rest. Thank you so much for keeping us posted by writing your blog. My heart is close to yours and always remember you. I hope you all the best. Fondly,
Clara.