Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Karen

Remembering My Little Cousin Devon...

When I think back to my childhood, I have the greatest memories of all my Markert cousins. We were a big bunch and a fun bunch who spent many weekends, summers and holidays together. From the moment Devon was born there was just something extra special about her. Her light blonde hair, big Markert blues eyes and infectious smile, she was just the sweetest little girl. Since I'm the youngest of four, I always looked at Devon as my baby sister I never had. She was so precious as a little girl.I moved away from California 18 years ago and missed seeing Devon grow into the amazing women she became. Reading these recent postings about Devon and how she inspired so many doesn't surprise me at all. We are all blessed to have known her. I remember one of my first trips back home to see the family and a bunch of my cousins, including Devon, all got together to hang out and catch up! We cruised the beach being silly and jammin out to the radio and then went for frozen yogurt. I still remember what Devon was wearing, dark jeans with those strong soccer legs and a simple white t-shirt. She was beautiful, happy and upbeat as always. Her smile gorgeous and eyes that lite up the room, just like they did when she was little....( my tears begin)Through emails and blog postings like so many of you who knew Devon, I am deeply inspired by her and so sad that she is gone. Through her difficult treatments and dead ends, she was so brave and full of life and hope. Her positive energy and spirit never left her and it will never leave those of who knew and loved her.Devon, an angel on earth and now our angel in heaven. Forever we will miss you and forever we will love you.

Love Always,

Your cousin Karen

No comments: