Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lucy Cline

Hi Ruthie,

Thanks for continuing Devon's blog. She was an international girl with friends all over the place, so this is a wonderful way to keep those who knew her in touch. I lived (with Irene) in the apartment above Devon, Tonya, and Lana in Isla Vista in 1998. So many great memories from those days - throwing parties and sharing laughs. I remember our Wine and Cheese Party on DP, dressing up for Halloween, and celebrating "Y2K" New Years together. Always the gracious hostess, she invited me and my friend to stay with her while we were backpacking through Granada, Spain in 2002. It was here that I met Noureddin and saw what a special connection they had; I was thrilled to attend their wedding back in California. (What a gorgeous bride she was!) She was so happy with him, and I was so happy that she found such a strong love. She passed away the day after I sent them my wedding invitation (I was crossing my fingers she could come to the Bay Area for the event - just like I've been crossing my fingers since her diagnosis). Noureddin, my heart goes out to you and I'm sending all my love and thoughts to you as you cope during these difficult days. I want to extend my deepest sympathy to Devon's family too; she was an amazing person with a warm heart and a contagious laugh. She had an uncanny ability to make you feel at ease, no matter what. I consider myself one of the lucky ones - lucky to have called her a friend and felt the glow of her radiant, kind soul. Dear Devon, my memories of you bring a smile to my face, though for now they compete with the tears over losing you. You are gone too soon - but remembered always and with love.
Lucy Cline

No comments: