Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sanghee Lee

The Great Memories with Devon at Griffith

The first time I met Devon was 4 years ago in the Media room at Griffith adult center. I still remember when she greeted me with her bright smily face in the room. Devon was so intelligent, positive, happy and fun, and such a warm-hearted young lady.

Devon was the first person who taught me how to do "chicken dance" and " hocky pocky dance" at the auditorium stage in the Torrance Park for the summer term ending festival in 2004.

Devon always was a good listener. Whenever I talked about my personal stories with her, she always listened my stories interestingly. Two years ago in Fall, Devon joined room 1 friends private dinner meeting, so we went to the most popular Korean crab restaurant at the Redondo Beach pier. I was only Korean among us so I ordered some steamed crabs and korean dishes included sashimi (raw fish and sea food). Everybody wore a plastic bib for preventing from messy their shirts while they pounding a wooden hammer to break the crabs' legs on the table. It was so funny looking. And, Devon even the first try to eat a piece of a raw sea cucumber that some other friends didn't even try, but she just swellowed it and she said " it tastes so weired." That comment made us laughed so hard. We had very fun dinner time together I never ever forget.

Both Devon and I went to the same school, Cal state Long Beach. In the spring term last year, she was in graduate program and I was in undergraduate program. We often had met on the campus walk way so we could have short talks about our classes each other. When I complained about my difficulty of study in English, she understood my situation and comforted me feel better. "Sanghee, you can do it. Don't worry I'll help you". that was Devon! I wrote these Devon's memories with deepest sympathy from the bottom of my heart.

Sanghee

No comments: