Saturday, September 20, 2008

Devon is Resting Peacefully

My name is Ruthie and I am a good friend of Devon Markert's.

Most of you have already heard the devastating news that our dear Devon has fought her fight to the end and is now resting in peace. She went in to the hospital last week due to pain and ended up going in for an emergency surgery Thursday, September 18th. The surgery was to remove the pressure and blood found in the brain. However, it was not to save her life, only to prolong it as there were additional tumors growing on her brain stem. After the surgery Devon was in a comatose state and attached to a breathing tube until last night. Thankfully close friends and family were able to say their goodbyes before she breathed her last breath.

Devon's family as well as her long-time childhood friends, Tonya and Stephanie, will be making arrangements for the funeral. Tonya or I will send out a post giving you more details very soon. More to come...

gngngngngngngngngngngng

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie,

Thank you for posting to Devon's blog. I miss her so much already. My thoughts are with you, her family, and her other friends.

Love,

Karla Octavio (Devon's friend from work)

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, eventhough, you don't know me, I want to say thank you very much for posting Devon's blog. She was so very special person to me.
How can I express how much Devon means to me. The words just don't seem to be enough. I wish she'd never gone away. She was my inspiration in everything. I'll never forget her.
Goodbye is not the right word, as I will see her again one day, until then, I will meet her in my dreams and hold her in my heart.
My deepest condolences to Devon's family and friends. My prayers are with you.
Please I would like to give her my last goodbye. Fondly,
Clara.

Monsieur Benjelloun said...

Thank you Ruthie for all your efforts to keep Devon's memory alive. I don't know if you remember me; my name is Anas and I am one of Nourredine's friends. The idea of keeping her blog alive and going is an excellent idea; I am sure she would have loved that. As her friends and family, celebrating her life and her legacy is something we owe to Devon. May she rest in peace.